From: Gerald Chouinard [mailto:gerald.chouinard@xxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 10:12 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Cc: STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Minutes of the 802.19 TVWS call on August 25th.

Steve,

Since the minutes of the previous call were not approved, I would like to
propose some clarification on what I said during the teleconference.

The item listed at the bottom of the second page of document 19-09-0059r2
which currently reads:
"G Chounaird: 802.22 coexistence mechanisms are used on different levels.
This requires specific behavior to trigger these behaviors."

should be modified to read as follows:

"G. Chouinard: 802.22 coexistence mechanisms have been defined to operate
in two levels.  The first level is when there is sufficient TV channels to
accommodate all WRAN systems.  Spectrum etiquette is then used to allocate
different TV channels to the various WRAN systems, the first condition
being to avoid duplicate use of the same channel to avoid collision and the
second condition being to avoid that WRAN systems select the same backup to
avoid collision when these systems need to move channel due to presence of
incumbents.  This is done by detecting the operation of other WRAN systems
before starting to operate and acquiring the list of backup channels from
these existing WRAN systems through the "coexistence beacon" and
re-deploying these backup channels with the new WRAN system coming on board
to avoid duplication of the first backup channel.  The second level of
coexistence mechanism comes in when there is not enough TV channels to
accommodate all WRAN systems in the same area.  Frame-based contention is
then used with information exchange through the "coexistence beacon" among
the WRAN cells to dynamically allocate each of the 16 frames of the
superframes according to the capacity need of each WRAN cell using the same
TV channel."

Thank you,

Gerald