[802.19] FW: Update on January 2011 Hotel space

For those of you who have not yet booked a room for January they are opening up some additional rooms and also have an additional hotel.

From: Bob Heile [mailto:bheile@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:38 PM
To: bheile@xxxxxxxx; bkraemer@xxxxxxxxxxx; jrosdahl@xxxxxxxx; Adrian.P.Stephens@xxxxxxxxx; alfvin@xxxxxxxx; pat.kinney@xxxxxxxx; freqmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; shellhammer@xxxxxxxx; Klerer, Mark; barr@xxxxxxxx; gerald.chouinard@xxxxxx; I_reede@xxxxxxxxxxxx; apurva.mody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: dawns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; thompson@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Update on January 2011 Hotel space

All-

We will be able to get a few additional people into the Hyatt and have succeeded in getting a limited number of rooms at a nearby property within easy walking distance of the Hyatt.  These rooms are being offered first to those on the waiting list and then, after 6pm pacific time this Thursday, Dec 2, to the general population on a first come first served basis.  We are hopeful this will accommodate most everyone but we are continuing to look for additional alternatives just in case.  For those who did manage to book into the Hyatt but did not get the group rate for all the nights or wound up missing one night, we should be able to resolve all those issues within the next 24 hours. Stay tuned for more updates.  Thanks for your patience.  We were holding similar blocks to a year ago but we have had an unanticipated early turn out for this meeting.  Always a difficult balancing act between holding a very liberal block which conveniently meeting everyones needs and acceptable financial risk in the event a block is not met.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832