Re: [802.19] FW: 802.11af CA document

Ben,

                When 11af runs their next letter ballot I assume they will provide this CA document with their letter ballot.  At that point 19 will develop comments on the CA document and vote in the 11 ballot.  I am not sure when 11 will have their next ballot on 11af.  Maybe a few meetings from now.

Steve

From: Benjamin A. Rolfe [mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:34 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Cc: STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.19] FW: 802.11af CA document

A couple questions and comments:
(1) 802.22 should be considered?  There is a published standard and a draft in late stage of sponsor ballot.
(2) Use of the term "robust" is ambiguous (page 2). I believe "reliable first try reception" is the intended meaning.
(3) Does this align with the ongoing work in 802.19?

Probably already considered, in which case a bit more background in the doc might prevent having to explain it over and over :-).

-B

Attached is the 802.11af CA document.

Steve