[802.19] FW: [802SEC] Fw: IEEE SA Training for Standards Committee and Working Group Officers

FYI

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Paul Nikolich
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 7:04 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802SEC] Fw: IEEE SA Training for Standards Committee and Working Group Officers

Dear EC Member,

Please forward to your groups.

Thank you and regards,

--Paul

------ Forwarded Message ------

From: "Dave Ringle" <d.ringle@xxxxxxxx>

To: "std-liaison-reps" <std-liaison-reps@xxxxxxxx>; "stds-wg-chairs" <stds-wg-chairs@xxxxxxxx>

Sent: 5/3/2022 9:38:53 AM

Dear Colleague,

IEEE SA has recently developed two required training courses for IEEE SA Officers (Standards Committee and Working Group Officers). This training prepares volunteers for their role and provides the necessary skills to carry out the tasks that meet objectives; empowering volunteers to be more effective in their role whether they have years of experience or are new to their SA leadership position.

A few key benefits of the training include:

·  credit towards your CEUs and PDHs

·  provides both breadth and depth of knowledge covering foundational topics as well as topics most relevant to you in your leadership role

·  explores the role, structure, and responsibilities of leadership to enable proactive governance.

·  clarity around the most important issues to ensure systems, processes, and policies are understood and adhered to.

“These training opportunities provide important details of essential policies and procedures. They help officers to focus on the critical aspects of our roles and to have confidence by keeping current on best practices. We all benefit when we better understand our responsibilities within the SA roles we undertake.”  - James E Matthews III, Corning: Director, Technical Standards & Standards Policy, IEEE: President, IEEE Standards Association

“I believe these trainings deliver on their claim as they provide a wonderful background and foundation for any IEEE SA Officer. The content is beneficial in many aspects and it clearly highlights expectations for individuals in their roles, by illustrating the required level of engagement, and the elements critical to sound governance.” - Gary Hoffman, IEEE SA past Chair, 2022 VP Standards and Standards Innovation

The following are the courses that require completion:

Understanding IEEE SA's Antitrust, Competition, and Commercial Terms Policies

Duration: 30 minutes

Credits: 0.1 CEU/ 1 PDH

IEEE SA Standards Working Group Chair Fundamentals

Duration: 4.5 hours

Credits: 0.4 CEU/ 4 PDH

Please note: you will be exempt from this required training for 3 years from the date of completion.

With any questions, please contact satrainingdevelopment@ieeeorg

Thank you,

IEEE SA