[802.19] Scope and structure of future IEEE 802 Spectum Statement discussion; .18 ISUS ad-hoc group agenda for 9 December 2022 posted on mentor

Dear all,

The agenda for the upcoming IEEE 802.18 ISUS (Spectrum Statement Update) ad-hoc group for 9th Dec (Friday) 12h00 ET has been posted: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/22/18-22-0153-00-ISUS-9-december-2022-isus-ad-hoc-agenda.pptx

For a future policy statement to be representative of all of IEEE 802 LMSC wireless technologies, it's essential that we consider input from all working groups. Our current scope statement defines an intended target audience, level of technical specificity intended for that audience, and the opportunities for representation the document will present for the IEEE 802 and IEEE-SA more generally when finalised. If you have further comments on the scope statement (slide 12 in the deck linked above), do not hesitate to attend the ad-hoc call on Friday or send me comments offline.

A draft policy statement was published as far back as August 2022 (contained in document 18-22-0087r0). Slide 13 in the deck linked above summarizes the intended headings of the document. Slide 14 lists a number of documents developed by the IEEE 802.18 group in response to consultations by regulatory authorities in 2022 that could serve as a basis for populating a policy statement with the latest information about technologies developed in IEEE 802. But the ambition is to be representative of the moment as well as forward-looking: by the scope statement, the policy statement needs a high level of generality, and should be visionary rather than responsive.

As leader of the ad-hoc group, I would like to especially call out to experienced members of our working groups for help with the segment on the history of the IEEE 802 LMSC wireless working groups. If we can jointly craft 2-4 sentences on the proud history of our committee in leading wireless technology development, it will define a setting and context for our visionary paragraphs later in the document. Even if your schedule does not permit participation in the ad-hoc calls as such, please (!) drop me an e-mail with comments offline :)!

Additionally, Karen McCabe from the IEEE-SA Policy Directorate will provide a short reminder of the process for having a statement adopted at the beginning of the meeting.

Best regards,

--
Amelia Andersdotter