[802.19] Spectrum Statement update (IEEE 802.18 ISUS ad-hoc)

Dear all,

Many of you will likely have seen previous e-mails about the ongoing work in IEEE 802.18 ISUS Ad-hoc to create a Spectrum Policy Statement draft for the IEEE-SA. This is a short up-date on the current progress.

After hard work and contributions from many individual participants in .11 and .15 this week, we have a revision 10 of the draft statement. Revision 10 with track changes can be found here: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/22/18-22-0087-10-ISUS-draft-statement.docx

An easier-to-read clean version is available in document 18-23-0015: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/23/18-23-0015-00-ISUS-isus-clean-version-of-spectrum-statement.docx

We were *not* able to motion this document for IEEE 802 LMSC ballot this morning in IEEE 802.18. We still need one or two teleconferences to polish the document.

What remains to be done is *primarily* to make the document shorter. Excluding boilerplate, it now counts 3 full pages of text. This should be reduced to 2 pages of text. We will be discussing on the .18 reflector, and I will reach out to some of you individually to explore paths forward.

Over-all, the statement has good content. The high-level structure is there, and the details are in good shape. My impression is that the mid-level adjustments (how to present details, wording, redundant language, etc) will be the focus.

If you have questions or comments, or you would like to contribute, do not hesitate to reach out to me or to join the .18 reflector and contribute there.

I want to specially thank all of those who already contributed and commented, and helped get the spectrum statement draft to where it is now. The IEEE 802.18 ISUS Ad-hoc will proceed with weekly calls on 27 January 2023 at 12:00 ET. You find call-in information in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/16/18-16-0038-29-0000-teleconference-call-in-info.pptx

Best regards,

Amelia