Re: stds-80220-requirements: Duplexing, 4.1.5

Hi Neka,

I do not think it is necessary for the requirements document to set a
predetermined minimum on the maximum range for a TDD system or to prescribe
how a TDD system should extend its cell range from this value .
Obviously, cell range  is an important factor in the overall system cost
and the larger the supportable cell range the better.  Cell range is
included among the evaluation criteria and so the maximum
supported cell will be a natural output as each proposal system
is evaluated in addition to system capacity, coverage, data rates etc

Presently, the requirement within the PAR is that the MBWA is, "Appropriate for
ubiquitous metropolitan area networks and capable of reusing existing
infrastructure".  I believe this is adequate for the requirements
document and the evaluation criteria could assess the ability of the
different proposals to address this requirement.  In that context, proposals
supporting larger cell ranges would be evaluated more favorably than others.

Mike