RE: stds-80220-requirements: Frequency Re-use, 4.1.3

Joanne, this email indirectly raises the distinction between REQUIREMENTS
and EVALUATION CRITERIA.  Consider the task of evaluating a number of
candidate solutions.  Assuming that at least one candidate solution meets
all of our requirements, then we can set as a criteria for being in the
final evaluation phase, the requirement that all such candidate solutions
meet all of our requirements.

Now comes the difficult task of deciding amongst the contenders, all of
which meet all of our requirements.  To aid us in this decision, we should
have an Evaluation Criteria matrix.  This matrix would not have absolute
requirements but desirable charactaristics that we could assign a weight to.
  Frequency reusability would likely fall into this latter class of
characteristics.

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
rdlove@ieee.org