From: Humbert, John J [NTWK SVCS] [mailto:JHumbe01@sprintspectrum.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 8:11 PM
To: stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-80220-requirements: FW: 802.20 Requirements - Repeaters

Joanne et al.,

Support for the use of repeaters needs to be a mandatory requirement because operators need to have this tool in their tool box to economically provide in-building coverage and in lightly populated areas.  If you recall from the presentation in Singapore that KTF uses allot more repeaters than base stations in their network. The same trend is also occurring in the US.

The impact on the AI is that the system has to support larger delay’s and delay spreads.

John J. Humbert
6220 Sprint Parkway
Mailstop KSOPHD0504 - 5D276
Overland Park, KS 66251-6118