From: JEWITT Jessie / FTR&D / US [mailto:jessie.jewitt@rd.francetelecom.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:55 PM
To: Chickinsky, Alan; 'Stds-80220-Requirements (E-mail)'
Cc: POPESCU Paul / FTR&D / US; ZHOU Jenny / FTR&D/ US; BERTIN Philippe FTRD/DMR/REN; SRIVASTAVA Anish / FTR&D / US
Subject: RE: stds-80220-requirements: Input to 802.20 Requirements Documen t version 8B

Alan-
   Will all due respect, I don't think you can adequately define a PHY/MAC layer protocol without understanding what type of services will be deployed over it.... and this will be IP based data services.
These services should drive the definition and conception of the underlying layers, otherwise they end up being defined in a technical "vacuum".

Regards,
Jessie