RE: [802.21] 802.21 Information Elements

Title: Nachricht

Thanx Kalyan for your comments.

Cost:

Yes it needs to be more than a binary value.

But still it’s never easy to compare cost of accessing different networks, since it’s not always expressed in same units for different networks.

Higher Layer Services:

That’s also a good idea. Do we need get to get more specific here about different services or just let network providers list these services in the form they want.

Providing this information before authentication/authorization may help.

But if you are connected to one network, you could get this information before connecting to other networks thus automatically avoiding that.

The only other case where you may need this explicitly before authorization/authentication is when you are not connected to any network, but you could always start with some default preferences in such cases.

Best Regards,

-Vivek