Re: [802.21] Transport protocol issue!

Title:
and it will always attempt L2 (bridging) first and when R1is  not available it will attempt  to transport its PDU by opening a UDP/TCP socket

On 1/24/2006 9:53 AM, Stefano M. Faccin wrote:
Kalyan,
Thanks for the clarification. I believe we should strive for transparency of the transport protocol, i.e. the MIHF does not know which one is used.
Stefano

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Kalyan Koora [mailto:kalyan.koora@benq.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:25 AM
To: Faccin Stefano (Nokia-NRC/Dallas); STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: AW: [802.21] Transport protocol issue!

Hi Stefano,

with #2 I mean, whether the MIHF should know how the transport
protocol is constructed.

If the answer is yes, then we have some sort of dependency.
Example, a change in transport protocol (from its standard)
needs a change in the MIHF, at the minimum from implementation
point of view.

regards,
Kalyan