Re: [802.21] AW: [802.21] Telecon on source/destination Ids within different primitives

Title:
Hello Vivek: see in-line

Peretz Feder

"The selection between L2 and L3 is based on other factors and the entity which does that is outside scope of
802.21.

[PF] What is the argument to eliminate MIH from selecting the transport mechanism?

If that entity is outside scope, any interfaces exposed by that entity is also outside scope.

[PF] why is the transport selection out of scope?

In 802.21 since  MIH Function is the only entity in scope, we should focus on specifying interfaces/primitives from
MIH Function only and not specify interfaces from other components/layers in the system such as network(IP),
transport, application etc."

[PF] Are you advocating MIHF shouldn't decide what transport mechanism to use? Please provide the reasons.
Think L2 for a second, wouldn't MIH frame from a client device to a peer be transferred by the MIHF? If you say no,
then MIH either has to move the MIH frame to the MAC layer or to the IP layer. To me that is a switching point that
MIHF needs to determine through some interface. If not determined by MIHF, who will and how?