[802.3_100GEL] [802.3ck] Annex 162B mated test fixture FOMILD specification

Hi 802.3ck task force,

At today's comment resolution meeting we attempted to resolve comments relating to selecting a value for the mated test fixture FOMILD parameter. There seems to be consensus on a value of 0.18 dB, but there was no consensus on the value for the transition time parameter (T_t) used for calculating FOMILD.

We took a pair of straw polls (#6 and #7), one "pick one" and the other "chicago rules" with results shown below. Neither of the straw polls was terribly decisive and unfortunately the two poles did not support each other. The meeting ended immediately after the straw poll concluded.

Note that comment #130, which proposes to remove the FOMILD specification altogether, must also be addressed.

After discussion amongst the leadership team, we decided to defer addressing this comment further until next week. In the meantime (tomorrow), we will be addressing comments relating to the C2M host output and module output transition time specifications which might provide some helpful input to the FOMILD discussion.

So between now and next Tuesday some offline discussion is required to build some consensus on the following:
(a) whether to retain the FOMILD parameter or remove it
(b) if FOMILD is retained, what transition time is to be used for calculation of FOMILD

Straw polls from today's meeting...

Straw poll #6 (chicago rules)
Straw poll #7 (pick one)
I support the following value for the FOMILD transition time (T_t) parameter: