From my point of view, as a senior cable designer, this approach of using
Cat7 horizontal and working area cables (patch cords) should be (must?) the
suggestion of IEEE 10G over copper.
Finally, the Cat7 cables are defined in IEC 61156-5, IEC 61156-6
specifications, the specifications are part of the component definition of
ISO 11801 and are officially realest.

Best Regards
Jacob Ben Ary
ben_ary@mail.aquanet.co.il
jbenary@teldor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-3-10gbt@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-10gbt@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Alan Flatman
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 10:05 AM
Cc: [unknown]; [unknown]
Subject: RE: [10GBASE-T] Reflections

Message text written by "Rao, Sailesh"
>It also doesn't make sense to try and "extend" Class D/E channel specs,
with all the attendant risks, when 11801 has already specified a Class F
channel that covers the frequency range of relevance to 10GBASE-T.<

Sailesh,

Your point regarding Class F is entirely logical - unfortunately I estimate
its share of the worldwide installed base to be a mere 0.4% by end 2005 (see
attached). I anticipate more FTTD by then.

Your point concerning extended frequency characterisation was discussed by
ISO/IEC at their meeting in New Zealand last month and I will be presenting
a liaison statement from them on Tuesday. They are keen to work with 802.3
on extending the recently published specification for Cat 6/Class E - you
can view the statement before we meet (it's on the 10G web site).

Look forward to dseeing you at DFW.

Regards,     Alan