From: Jonathan Thatcher [mailto:Jonathan.Thatcher@worldwidepackets.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 10:28 AM
To: Shimon Muller; stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [10GBASE-T] EFM OAM...

Because, Shimon, you know as well as any that the symbol error counters do not exist two layers above the PHY.

Also, just as with clause 24 and 36, 10 Gig needs to have the unidirectional aspects clarified during operation with OAM.

Besides, if there is anyone that understands the concept of "benefit to humanity," we have ample evidence that you do.  ;-)

As 10 Gig passes the baton to 10GBASE-T, I beseech you guys to "do the right thing."

jonathan