RE: [10GBASE-T] PAR and 5 critters

Dan  -
EMI in the November tutorial - see the plot on page 13 of file
tutorial_1_1102.pdf.  It is one result of many measurements made,
putting more signal and wider bandwidth on the line than any proposal to
date(you'll note the 12 dBm launch power, and a flat PSD is used).

I don't consider your questions on adversity, only a response to other
statements made here, and in considering the most straightforward ways
of attacking the problem.  I will grant the group a very simple
statement - if you only look at 10GBASE-T using the most straightforward
techniques, it will look infeasible.  However, I could argue that same
thing about many high-performance communications systems.  One example
of how efficient filtering and the simple direct-form FIR model differ
in complexity can be found in pages 30-34 of the tutorial.

George Zimmerman
gzimmerman@solarflare.com
tel: (949) 581-6830 ext. 2500