RE: [10GBASE-T] PAR and 5 critters

Sreen -
I'm glad to hear that you implicitly agree that 10GBT is feasible on
Cat-7 and on shorter distances of Cat5e & 6.  That should form the basis
from which we can go forward with a PAR & 5 criteria.

The main difference that we have had is in regards to distances on 5e &
6 relate to ability to mitigate alien NEXT, which you accounted for zero
in your analysis.  We appear to be at an impasse on this point.
Multiple vendors have presented installation-based techniques, and you
still account for zero alien NEXT mitigation.  SolarFlare added to that
receiver based techniques, which, you still account for zero.  However,
all of this is moot, since we are not asking for standardization of
these receiver-based techniques at this time.

I suggest we move on on the points we agree on.

George Zimmerman
gzimmerman@solarflare.com
tel: (949) 581-6830 ext. 2500