From: GEisler@aol.com [mailto:GEisler@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:06 PM
To: btolley@cisco.com; pat_thaler@agilent.com; yousefi@broadcom.com; bradley.booth@intel.com; stds-802-3-10gbt@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GBASE-T] September interim meeting

Guys,

I would like to point at the Economic Feasibility bullets:

- Cost factors known, reliable data
- Reasonable cost for performance expected
- Total installation costs considered

None of these are concerned with how many units will be sold or whether there will be payback on development costs, etc. I think the word Economic is being misinterpreted in the present discussion.

Further, the need for 10Gig arises from increasing data speeds and volume. With 1000BASE-T about to be rolled out to desktops, the aggregation network elements need to go faster. That's the way it has worked at previous levels; why not now?
And if not, why was the ae standard created and adopted with four different PHY's?

George Eisler