RE: [10GBASE-T] Economic feasibility or Market Potential?

> Dan,
>
> I don't understand your statement: "How many
> "Gig-to-the-Desktop" boxes will be shipping in '04 and '05 ?
> Assuming a good percentage of them have CX4 interfaces, that
> will be a large part of the market potential."
>
> I don't see CX4 as a desktop technology. Desktops generally
> are more than 15 m (as the cable runs) away from the switch.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for pointing out that my statement was not clear. I expect those CX4
interfaces to be on "uplinks" for the GttD boxes. Not desktop connections.
So the volume of CX4 ports will not be desktop ports, but uplink ports..
typically 1 or 2 per box.

Regards,

Dan