[10GBASE-T] TME / Applications Mgr

Title: Manufacturing Test Opening in Irvine, California!

Hello,  We currently have the following positions open in Orange County, California.  If possibly interested, please email or call me.  Since we work directly with the hiring manager at this company, we can get feedback and interviews arranged quickly, and we will help you get the best offer possible.  For future reference, we do keep the open positions up-to-date on our web site.  www.chipcareers.com Thank you!

Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer – Networking Group / Gigabit

Company:  Industry Leader, highly competitive salary, generous stock options.

Job Description:  Develop networking benchmarks illustrating benefits of new network technologies. Developing white papers to help facilitate deployment of new technologies. Participates in new product development, representing the customer’s technical needs, creating competitive analysis from a technical perspective, developing and presenting technical product training materials. Drive creation and maintenance of data sheets and application notes. Guide FAEs and customer in design of new products.

Requirements:   Five plus years of experience in TME or Field Application role.

Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree is required, Master degree preferred.

Understands networking and PC. Design background preferred.

Must enjoy playing hands-on with new equipment in the lab.

Knowledge of TCP/IP, iSCSI - an advantage.

Obtain excellent communication skills and good teamwork. Must be highly motivated.

Manager, Applications Engineering – Gigabit Ethernet

Company:  Industry Leader, highly competitive salary, generous stock options, highly respected company.

Primary Responsibilities

·         Manage and lead a team of 4-6 Application Engineers who assist customers with designing the company’s chips into customer’s products.

·        Work closely with Marketing and/or Sales on strategic decisions that enhance customer relations and satisfaction

·         Work closely with Product Line Marketing and chip managers on future architectural development and products

·         Setup, maintain, organize and facilitate regular FAE training sessions and schedules

·         Work closely with marketing to create and organize demonstrations for trade shows

·         Set up and maintain processes to better assist AEs with the development of technical documentation including, but not limited to Data Sheets, Application Notes, Design Guidelines, IBIS Models

·        Work closely with other board design managers to help manage AE schedules when they participate in board designs for other groups

·         Work with HR and upper management to further grow and build the AE team as needed

·         Work closely and amiably with internal design managers and engineers to help debug difficult customer issues

·         Provide chip enhancement recommendations to the design teams based on customer feedback and prior problem resolution

·         Work closely with sustaining group manager to assure all customer support issues are being addressed in the most efficient manner

Marginal Responsibilities:

·         Work with AE and board design team to develop best design and layout techniques for customer mother boards and NICs

·        Assist AEs/FAEs with customer board design and layout integration of our chips (i.e. design reviews)

·        Accurately diagnose customer system architectures and how they interoperate with our products

·        Provide Technical Presence and support for Marketing/Sales personnel during customer site visits and presentations

·        Help customers properly integrate and use the company’s diagnostic tools

·        Work closely with FW/SW management to assure that proper diagnostic tools are continuously developed and enhanced

·        Assure consistency between customer documentation and reference board designs

·        Work jointly with chip & board hardware/software developers to help debug design problems when needed

Skills/Requirements:

·        Bachelors Degree in EE or CE

·        Minimum of 7 years experience in chip, system board or firmware design and/or field/factory applications

·        Minimum of 2 years prior experience managing designers, AEs or FAEs

·        Experience working directly with OEM/ODMs and end customers

·        Proven ability to work amiably and effectively with multiple disciplines (Marketing, Sales, R&D, & Support)

·        Proven ability to make judgments based on technical information and business needs

·        Proven ability to effectively organize and work productively on simultaneous tasks

·        Experience writing specifications or other technical product documentation

·        Experience with PCI or other industry bus standards

·        Excellent written and verbal communication skills

*** If you know of anyone that may be a better fit for this position, we appreciate you forwarding them this message!

Sincerely,

Bob Green

CHIP Source

949-829-8977