From: stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of
Sanjay Kasturia
Sent:
Monday, May 10, 2004 2:46 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [10GBT] Framing for 10GBASE-T

All,

I have seen a proposal from Sailesh Rao to use 10GBASE-R (Clause 49) 64B/66B framing for 10GBASE-T - see http://www.ieee802.org/3/an/public/mar04/rao_1_0304.pdf.

I don't recall seeing any other framing proposal. Is everyone in favor of using 64B/66B framing? If not, can you point me to alternative framing proposals?

If there aren't any alternative proposals, shall we, as a group, focus on developing this further?

Regards,

Sanjay Kasturia

Editor-in-chief

802.3an