Re: [10GBT] Proposed PAM8 vs. PAM12 resolution process

Scott,

Input-referred noise tolerance is a measure of robustness our customers see
and I feel it is very important. Otherwise, if the cable impairments
vanished below 170MHz, we would all be advocating 333Ms/s PAM-256 for
10GBASE-T...

The Crane test is another way of measuring the same robustness to input
noise and it has been a required parameter on the task force spreadsheet
since day one.

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com