Re: [10GBT] Updated Tables

Hiroshi,

I am afraid we need to integrate in order to go from the frequency domain to
time domain. If we assume that the optimum matched filter for PAM8 is a
frequency scaled version of the optimum matched filter for PAM12, then the
amount of noise power in the time domain for PAM8 is 0.84dB higher than that
for PAM12, for a given AWGN PSD.

Therefore, PAM8 is able to tolerate 1.84dB (for new cabling) to 3.24dB (for
existing cabling) higher AWGN power at the slicer than PAM12.

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com