Re: [10GBT] Comparison Table Between LDPC Coded Modulation Schemes

Title: Message
Thanks Scott for your inputs,

Let me respond to each:

The assumption was floating point simulations. I did get some private feedback regarding extension to fixed point simulations and I will be working on adding complexity estimations for these. I will be updating on this.

Regarding entry #4- fine, I will add an separate entry with the base LDPC code parameters with the coded modulation scheme construction. Since we may have multilevel LDPC coded modulation construction schemes, I will add an entry of #information bits/total # bits.

Regarding entry #5- I guess we can drop that since the final decision we take will be based on the performance of any proposed scheme. I suppose that the coset partitioning will be equal for all proposals.

Entry #6 includes both encoder + decoder latency.

In entry #7, I wanted to eliminate the PAM12/PAM8 differences. In addition, I wanted to take the code rate into account, so a fair comparison would be Eb/N0. If we do confine ourselves to codes at a certain rate (more or less) and a deterministic number of PAM levels, we can compare between SNRs. I would like to get to this stage ASAP. I don't mind having an additional entry for now, but I would like to leave the Eb/N0 comparison till be narrow down the uncertainties. Same goes for #11.
I will place the number of iterations as a separate entry.

I split #10 to encoding and decoding complexity and will send an update for the encoding complexity estimation.

I have added an entry for the code construction details, which will be placed as an attachment. The description should give enough details to allow implementation of the suggested scheme.

Attached is the updated document (which I have tagged as v1.1) and which replaces the previous version.

Regards,

Amir