Re: [10GBT] More on the PAM12 emissions

Glenn,

Please see my reply to Scott Powell regarding my consideration of FCC and
CISPR measurement techniques.

The information content of a fixed pattern is ZERO bits. Information theory
states that if a fixed pattern is being repeatedly sent over a
communications channel, the sender and receiver are doing NOTHING. If we are
planning to do such a thing in a sophisticated communications system like
the 10GBASE-T standard is purported to be, then I would like our customers
to know what it is that they are paying for.

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com