Re: [10GBT] FW: [10GBT] PAM8 and PAM12 sys time domain analysis

Albert,

I agree with you that using higher order low pass filters for emissions
control has practical consequences for the 10GBASE-T implementation.
However, the PAM12 proposal did include a 3rd order BW low-pass filter with
a 3dB point at 206MHz in the transmitter.

The transmitter specification in the 10GBASE-T standard will be at the MDI,
just as it was in the 1000BASE-T standard, and this would include the effect
of the transformer. Are you suggesting that the 10GBASE-T PMA section should
discount the effect of the transformer when calculating the peak voltage in
the pulse template specifcations?

Regards,
Sailesh Rao.
srao@phyten.com