Re: [10GBT] Summary of issues with PAM12

Hugh,

You are only person on copy.

I've been thinking about you point below and wondering the same. I can think
of two reasons why a detractor of PAM-12 might care about the technical
proposal for PAM-12. First, they are engineers. Need I say more? More
importantly, they might be considering the possibility that this is a Trojan
horse. That is to say that once PAM-12 is adopted, and it is discovered that
it is really hard, a more efficient PAM-12 constellation is introduced.
Presuming that said constellation will be more difficult to implement and
have negative impacts (e.g. number of cells, power, latency...) and that if
it had been introduced prior to the adoption of the PAM-12 proposal it would
have been rejected out of hand, it would live only because of deception (or
incompetence, you pick).

All of this is purely speculation, of course. I can imagine that PAM-12
detractors would not want to directly raise this issue in a public forum as
it would seem at least politically incorrect if not outright accusatory.

jonathan