From: stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG [mailto:stds-802-3-10gbt@IEEE.ORG] On
Behalf Of sailesh rao
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 4:17 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GBT@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GBT] More on Fixed Point Decoder of the (1024, 833) Code

Dariush,

The a-priori probability of the received points is a 12D function in the
case of the PAM12T constellation. It is a 2D function in the case of the
donut constellation.

It may be that the BER loss due to the uniform a-priori probability
approximation is very small at higher BERs. However, if this additional
BER loss is caused by an induced error floor due to the approximation,
then this is a very serious issue.

Regards,
Sailesh.
srao@phyten.com