[8023-10GEPON] Question about RMS for 10GEPON lasers ...

Dear all,

in relation with task 4 of the ad hoc on higher split ratio, we are supposed to estimate the power budget margin which would apply to 10GEPON systems. To properly estimate the power budget margin I need to know the RMS distribution for 10G lasres, which could be used in 10GEPON-PX10-U/D and 10GEPON-PX20-U/D systems. Does anybody have any specifications we could use ? Something in the form of table 60-4 would be most useful. I checked the current IEEE 802.3 - 2005 standard and I did not find anything. If I missed something, please let me know.

A question number 2 is more of academic type - is there a way to estimate the laser linewidth from the RMS value ? That would be most useful for estimation of non-linearites in Task 2 for the said ad-hoc.

All feedback will be most welcome.

Thank You & best wishes

Marek Hajduczenia (141238)
(PhD Student - COM RD1)