Re: [8023-10GEPON] Ad hoc on 10GEPON channel model

Dear, Frnk E, Piers and all,

This is Akihiro OTAKA from NTT.

As Frank mentioned, we have to understand the definitions.
And I think I don't understand these.
Could you tell me where can I find the IEEE-definitions?

Anyway, what I'd like to require for the 10GE-PON is
to be consistent with our exsisting ODNs.
So I think it is better to understand the "budget" into
at least two parts.
- max channel insertion loss; which is basicaly independent
     from the transmission systems.
- penalty; which is related to the characteristics of the
     transmitter and reciever of 10GE-PON.

Regards,

A.OTAKA