[8023-10GEPON] FEC Framing adhoc

Hello all,

Hope those in the US and Japan had a good Thanksgiving weekend.

1. Here is the current list of adhoc participants:

 - Ryan Hirth
 - Frank Effenberger
 - Frank Chang
 - Marek Hajduczenia
 - Keiji Tanaka
 - Piers Dawe

2.  The following appear to be the topics that we need to address:

    a) FEC block receiver synchronization for upstream

    b) data detector (ie. updating clause 65.2.2 for the new framing)

    c) shortened final block in upstream

    d) Scrambler definition

    e) FEC block receiver synchronization for downstream

All of these have been already discussed to various extents, so we now need to converge on the specifics.   Let me know if there is something else that someone thinks we should cover.

3. Timeslot for first telecon

Frank Effenberger has generously volunteered to prepare a strawman proposal for the first item and will distribute it to the reflector for revisions and discussion.

Regarding a telecon:  does 1500 PST (2300 GMT, 0800 JST) on Dec 6 (ie. the morning of the 7th in Asia) work for people?

Thanks and BRs,

- Jeff