[8023-10GEPON] Presentations are on the web

Dear task force members,

The January meeting materials have been uploaded to the web
(http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_01/index.html) with the exception
of Link Model ad-hoc report, which is pending review by ad hoc members. The
report will be uploaded shortly.

I suggest you to review the slides and be ready to discuss them next week,
or better yet, start discussion on the reflector now.  This way, presenters
may be able to address some comments ahead of the meeting and gather more
support.

Given the strong support for the high power budget class (28 - 29dB) we saw
at the last meeting, I am very surprised by the absence of technical
proposals related to achieving such power budgets (only one presentation
talks about amplified transmitters for downstream).

Our task force is in the "baseline selection" stage now. In order to ensure
that a feature finds its way into standards draft, a group of interested
task force participants should come up with a solid technical proposal which
gets 75% approval.

The modest volume of submitted presentations leaves us enough meeting time
to review additional presentations. I would like to encourage the vocal
proponents of higher power budgets to get together and create such a
presentation, even if only a few slides long. It may not be a complete
proposal, but it hopefully will encourage further discussion.

Best Regards,
Glen