Re: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] ad hoc group 2nd meeting

...ooohh   stepped in that one...   It depends greatly on the extinction ratio  The higher the ER, the easier a time of it the OLT receiver has from one
burst to the next.   The OLT designer would like to have 30db of ER, the Burst mode TX designer, 3db.  From there we start negotiating.

Best Regards

Maurice Reintjes
MindspeedTM
Hillsboro, Oregon,USA
Office Phone (503)-914-5370
Mobile (503)-701-0797

"Lingle, Jr, Robert (Robert)" <rlingle@OFSOPTICS.COM>

02/05/2007 07:20 PM
Please respond to
"Lingle, Jr, Robert (Robert)" <rlingle@OFSOPTICS.COM>

STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
cc
Subject
Re: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] ad hoc group 2nd meeting

In reviewing past contributions on ways to meet the power budgets, I notice
that people often use -18 dBm as a max Rx sensitivity for PIN and -24 as max
Rx sensitivity for an APD. I presume that this is for continuous mode
operation.

What do we know about how that number will change for burst mode operation
in the upstream?

Robert