Re: [8023-10GEPON] [Dual-Rate-PMD] First Draft of PMD presentation

Dear Frank and All,

This is Ken-Ichi Suzuki of NTT.
Thank you for your presentation and I am sorry for late response..
I checked your presentation.  So I will comment to your presentation and
show my consideration.

In serial configuration with optimized APDs in gPMD 101h, I think APD
gain must be optimized for each burst signal reception.  I think it is a
little bit complicated.
So I think we should consider the case of serial configuration with 10
Gbit/s optimized APDs (Fixed APD gain) to simplify APD drivers as well.

In attached presentation, I calculate SNR in case of serial
configuration with 10 Gbit/s optimized APDs based on equations in gPMD
101h.  Please check my presentation and comment on this.
I also roughly estimate required 10 Gbit/s receiver sensitivities for
each dual-rate receiver configuration to achieve 1G receiver sensitivity
(OML) of -27.6 dBm (Please refer Tatsuta-sanfs email) considering
receiver sensitivity difference between 10G and 1G receivers.

Best regards,
Ken-Ichi

--
Ken-Ichi Suzuki
NTT Access Network Service Systems Labs.

Consideration_of_dual-rate_receiver.ppt