Re: [8023-10GEPON] Reminder to presenters and Time slot request

Dear Frank,

Though this is not about a naming topic, I have just looked through your
presentation material on power budgets, and feel impressive about it.
I have some comments on it, considering the recent discussions
among vendors here in Japan.

1. Sensitivity figures in the 10G sheets(pp.2,6-7)
I feel your sensitivity figures of PIN receivers, FEC improvements,
and EML ER are a little bit optimistic, compared with the figures
that summarizes Japanese vendor opinions.
I will present it in the upcoming meeting.
I also think we need to consider additional margins for WDM filter
insertion loss, burst-mode penalties, and dual-mode PMD deficit
into the receiver sensitivities as an OLT/ONU specs.

2. APD@ONU option(pp.7)
In the discussions in Japan, several vendors suggested APD receiver in ONU.
I suggest to still include this APD@ONUs option, not preventing the further
discussion of possible options toward the most practical and cost effective
solution.

Best regards,
Motoyuki Takizawa

--