[8023-10GEPON] [FEC] Start-of-frame alignment

All,

Following an action item I've taken in Orlando, here is a short report
on advantages and disadvantages of aligning start-of-frame characters
(/S/) to byte 0 of the 66-bit block.

I would appreciate your feedback on the slides as well as expression of
opinion of whether such alignment should or should not be done.

Thank you,
Glen

NOTE: This e-mail and the attached document express my views
as an individual contributor to the task force, not as task force chair.

vector_alignment_v02.pdf