[8023-10GEPON] PMD Naming Presentation for Geneva

Glen,
Please find attached a presentation on PMD naming for the Geneva meeting.

All,
In this version of the presentation I have tried to include most of the
comments I have received.  In particular:
1) eliminated vague usage of "-D" and "-U".   These suffixes should now
only refer to a location (-D for OLT and -U for ONU).
2) eliminated association of a specific distance (30 km ) with the
suffix "30".  This now only refers to "extended CHIL"
3) eliminated some excess baggage due to graphics etc.

If you would like to lend your support for this presentation please let
me know.  Technical comments are still welcome but, per our rules, I
will not make any substantive changes to the presentation unless
directed by our Chair.
Best Regards,
Duane

3av_0705_remein_1.pdf

begin:vcard
fn:Duane R. Remein
n:Remein;Duane R.
org:Alcatel-Lucent;Systems Engineering
adr;dom:;;2301 Sugar Bush Rd.;Raleigh;NC;27613
email;internet:duane.remein@alcatel-lucent.com
tel;work:919 850 6458
url:http://www.alcate.com
version:2.1