[8023-10GEPON] July meeting materials uploaded

Dear 10GEPON-ese,

All the materials from the July meeting have been uploaded to the web.

I would like to thank all who participated in our meeting in San
Francisco. We had a very active meeting, reviewing a total of 24
presentations and making 19 technical motions.

If you are interested in the detailed account of the discussions, please
review the (unapproved) minutes here:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_07/3av_0707_minutes_unapproved.p
df

We adopted 6 new baseline proposals, as described on this page:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/baseline.html

However, our big ticket items remanded unresolved. The task force could
not reach a consensus on whether downstream power budget (B++) should
favor PIN@ONU or APD@ONU. We also did not reach a decision on downstream
wavelength for 10G.

As these are critical issues which must be resolved before our editors
can produce draft 1.0, we will remain in the baseline selection mode at
least till September meeting.

I encourage all task force members to utilize the reflector to discuss
the above big ticket items and seek compromise solutions. Ad hoc
discussions will be coordinated as follows:
- Downstream 10G wavelength allocation: Keiji Tanaka
- Power budget: Robert Lingle Jr.
- ITU-T vs. IEEE definitions for PMD parameters: Frank Effenberger

Our next meeting will take place in Seoul on September 11-13. I will
announce hotel details on the reflector as soon as available.

Best wishes to all,

Glen Kramer
Chair, P802.3av "10GEPON" task force