Re: [8023-10GEPON] Raman cross-talk calculations

Dear all,

I have also calculated the allowed maximum launch power of the digital wave as a function of the wavelength.
The used parameters are almost same as the parameters used in the Mao's calculation. (presented in Sanfransisco meeting, June 2007)
The attached file is the results.

Analog signal needs more than 43 dB, 33 dB, 27 dB CNR for AM-VSC analog,  256 QAM, 64 QAM signal format, respectively. [Ref: ANSI/SCTE 40 2004]

For the 43 dB CNR, the maximum launch power was about 10 dBm and 11 dBm at 1530 nm and 1570 nm, respectively. The results are slightly higher than Effenberger's.( Here, I didn't consider an 1G signal.)

On the other hand, the results were quite different from Mao's results. (presented in June this year)
The simulation condition of Mao was 51 dB crostalk.
However, because the CNR depend on the SRS crosstalk in the SRS dominant region,
the required CROSSTALK is almost same as the required CNR.
So, I have calculated the lanched power for the acquire 43 dB crosstalk induced by SRS.

Sincerely yours,
Bong Kyu Kim

Bong Kyu Kim, Ph.D.
Senior Research Staff
Optical Access Tech. Team
BcN Research Lab.
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute
Tel: +82-42-860-1344, Fax: +82-42-860-5213

-----¿øº» ¸Þ½ÃÁö-----