Re: [8023-10GEPON] Revised 10G budget

Folks;

In briefly reviewing the thread, I feel our link model or speadsheet (or whatever you called) played little role so far in link budget discussion, including, but not limited to fibre attenuation and penalties.

I see the commettee bring alot experts of varous background, but could be very different expertise or viewpoint. Link model or speadsheet could provide us a common ground everyone could agree upon. In this sense, it request the model to support examining the power budget down to some acuracy like 0.3(?)dB (if donot think 0.1dB viable), bottom of line we will have closed link from architecture point of view. My observation that was aslo the practice with other ieee groups.

my 2cents, thanks for considering

Frank C.