From: Hajduczenia, Marek [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@NSN.COM]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 7:18 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [8023-10GEPON] [clause 64] Option 2 assessment and alternatives

Jeff,
I believe You (and consequently me) were looking at the problem from a wring perspective. What You describe in the presentation IS NOT option #2 which was discussed in Portland. It is some option #3, which does not make much sense.
I am at the OFC at the moment but I will try to produce today at least an example of the outline of clause 64 option #2 to show how such a speed agnostic Clause 64 can be achieved.
I believe it is feasible, though will require careful planning.
Best wishes

Marek Hajduczenia (141238)
NOKIA SIEMENS Networks S.A. - COO BBA DSLAM R&D Rua Irmãos Siemens, 1, Ed. 1, Piso 1 Alfragide, 2720-093 Amadora, Portugal
* marek.hajduczenia@nsn.com