From: 植松 澄/Kiyoshi Uematsu [mailto:uematsu903@oki.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 5:22 AM
To: Glen Kramer; STDS-802-3-10GEPON@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: 'Jeff Mandin'; 'Yasuyuki Kuroda'
Subject: RE: [8023-10GEPON] March minutes and presentations are online

Dear 10G-EPON TF members,

Apology for late action, but here is outline of issues to be solved for
the Power Saving. I would like ask Forks to make comment for this.

1. Reduction of numbers of Report frame transmit
An attached is two ideas which describe how to realize the reduction
of numbers of Report frame transmission and summary of study items
to be discussed in TF. As conclusion of our study, in order to obtain
merits of the Power Saving, current CL93 have to be modified or specified
with additional condition though it looks like small modification.

<Requirement for Common>
-GRANT needs to be regularly provided by GATE MPCPDU.
-Maximize report_periodic_timer from less than 50ms to 50ms.

<Requirement for Proposal 1>
- Usually, set GATE MPCPDU which has Force Report flag =0.
(It is allows that OLT sends GATE MPCPDU which has Force Report flag=1.)
- Specify that the ONU report processing state diagram which allows transmission of
A REPORT MPCPDU (Periodic Transmission) with maximum interval if ONU requires
no upstream traffic.

< Requirement for Proposal 2>
- Ignore for force report flag at ONU.

2. Study of Suggested Remedy for CL93
Still on going. It would be more than welcome if someone can join in
this task.
3. Other ideas for Power Saving
Kuroda san proposed the reduction of numbers of Report frame transmission,
but if there may be other ideas, please issue and discuss on reflector and
upcoming Tokyo meeting

Regards,
kiyoshi Uematsu