[10GMMF] [802.3] Agenda and Meeting Planning

Colleagues:
Happy New Year's to you all.

I am looking forward to our meeting next week. Logistical details are at
this URL:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/vancouver_04.html

Many thanks for the 32 or more submissions for presentations at the
forthcoming meeting in Vancouver. As the rules for submissions clearly
state, the deadline for submission of PDFs was yesterday, Wednesday.

***So if your PDF is not submitted ASAP you risk being bumped off the
agenda entirely. Please forward your PDFs to me and to David Law.***

On both Tuesday and Wednesday, we plan on starting each meeting promptly at
8:30 AM and running to at least 7:00 PM. So please plan your air travel
accordingly.

In order to accommodate the number of presentations, we will be asking
presenters to keep to the allotted time and manage the Q&A time for brevity
and efficiency.

Day 1: Tuesday 13 January 2004
8:30 to 12:00 noon
o Introductions, goals and purpose of the SG and subsequent TF
o Objectives, PAR, Five Criteria
o Channel model
12:00 to 1:30 Lunch
1:30 to 7:00 PM
o Channel model
o Other channel issues

Day 2 Wednesday 14 January 2004

8:30 to 12:00
o PHY technology, various approaches
o PHY components
o PHY compliance

12:00 to 1:30 Lunch

1:30 to 7:00 PM
o PHY compliance continued
o Objectives
o Conclusions, next steps, meeting planning

The agenda and the PDFs will be posted shortly.

Watch this space http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GMMFSG/

Thanks

Bruce Tolley

Bruce Tolley
Senior Manager, Emerging Technologies
Gigabit Systems Business Unit
Cisco Systems
170 West Tasman Drive
MS SJ B2
San Jose, CA 95134-1706
internet: btolley@cisco.com
ip phone: 408-526-4534

"Don't put your hiking boots in the oven unless you plan on eating them."

Colin Fletcher, The Complete Walker