[10GMMF] [802.3] 802.3 Votes for 10GBASE-LRM PAR

Colleagues:

It is with great please that I report that 802.3 voted to approve and forward our PAR to the SEC and Standards Board last evening about 7:00PM EST.

Here is the motion:
Move that 802.3 WG approve the 10GBASE-LRM amended PAR and to forward the PAR and five Criteria to the 802 SEC for approval (please consider under continuous process).

M: Bruce Tolley on behalf of the SG
Technical (>=75%)
802.3 Voters
Yes:    43 No: 0                Abstain: 3
Passes

With continuous process there is a small chance that we might be able to meet as a TF in May.  Thanks for your fine work.

Yours

Bruce Tolley
Chair of the 10GBASE-LRM SG

Bruce Tolley
Senior Manager, Emerging Technologies
Gigabit Systems Business Unit
Cisco Systems
170 West Tasman Drive
MS SJ B2
San Jose, CA 95134-1706
internet: btolley@cisco.com
ip phone: 408-526-4534

"Don't put your hiking boots in the oven unless you plan on eating them."

Colin Fletcher, The Complete Walker