Re: [10GMMF] TP3 3-impulse test proposal

Ben,
I've previously asked these questions, but I do not believe I received a reply.  If you did reply, I apologize in advance for asking for a re-transmission. I have not been closely monitoring the TP3 activity, so there may be good justification for your approach, but please humor me with a few answers.

What is the purpose of this dynamic test?  Does its purpose explain why the pre and post cursors never exceed the amplitude of the central pulse?  Has anyone analyzed other test cases with more or less than three impulses?  What has led to the choice of three?

Regards,
Paul Kolesar
SYSTIMAX® SOLUTIONS
1300 East Lookout Drive
Richardson, TX 75082
Phone:  972.792.3155
Fax:      972.792.3111
eMail:   pkolesar@systimax.com

Ben Willcocks <ben.willcocks@PHYWORKS-IC.COM>
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG

09/17/2004 10:13 AM
Please respond to "IEEE P802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM"