[10GMMF] Optical Cable references in LRM Draft

Title: Optical Cable references in LRM Draft

At the meeting in San Antonio, I agreed to provide additional justification for my comment to replace the title of 68.9.1 and the reference given from fiber references to cable references (see Swanson comments 65 and 66). I have copied the scope and Normative references from the recommended reference - note that this cable document is intended to ensure compatibility with IS 11801 and references the two fiber types that we call out, i.e. 60793-2-10 and 60793-2-50.

Cheers,

Steve

IEC 60794-2-11
OPTICAL FIBRE CABLES -
Part 2-11: Indoor optical fibre cables -
Detailed specification for simplex and duplex cables for use in premises cabling

1 Scope
This Standard presents the detailed requirements specific to this type of cable to ensure compatibility with IS 11801 [1], Information technology - Generic cabling for customers premises. The requirements of the Family Specification IEC 60794-2-10 are applicable to cables covered by this standard.

2 Normative references
The following referenced documents are indispensable for the application of this document. For dated references, only the edition cited applies. For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document (including any amendments) applies.

IEC 60794-2-10, 2003 : Optical fibre cables - Part 2-10: Indoor optical fibre cables - Family Specification for simplex and duplex cables

IEC 60793-2-10, 2002 : Optical fibres - Part 2-10: Product specification - Sectional specification for category A1 multimode fibre

IEC 60793-2-50 Ed. 2 : Optical fibres - Part 2-50: Product specification - Sectional specification for class B single-mode fibre