From: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@ieee.org]On Behalf Of Tom Lindsay
Sent: 08 March 2005 19:31
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GMMF] TP3 and RE: Dear comment contributors

David - under this plan, do you have guidelines on how to structure presentations for the special session?

Using my PROPOSED REJECT comments for examples, I see 3 different levels of rejection.
  • Suggested remedy not complete - I would like to present the rationale for this comment to know whether it has the general support of the group or not. Then if the group wants to delay any specific action, at least I'll know that to expect next time around or whether the topic needs more work in the meantime. I expect this type of comment falls into the special session.
  • Substantial change requiring significant justification and review - given your email, I may be willing to accept this and withdraw these this time. However, I would like a forum to elevate attention to these matters and develop a plan to working through them by next ballot/meeting, and can structure a presentation accordingly. I expect this type of comment falls into the special session.
  • Opinion of initial reviewer is different than mine. I expect this type of comment falls into the normal session.

Do you agree? If so, I will prepare presentations accordingly. What time constraints to you expect during the special session?

Thanks,
Tom Lindsay
ClariPhy Communications
tom.lindsay@clariphy.com