[10GMMF] 802.3 comments and editor's report

Hello again everyone,

As Piers has previously written, he uploaded an updated 802.3aq Draft 1.1 comment report a few days ago. The report now includes proposed responses (i.e. editorial recommendations) for many of the comments. I thank Lew Aronson, David Cunningham and Piers Dawes for help in preparing these.

Piers has now uploaded a further comment report containing a small number of pre-circulation 802.3 comments.

The comment reports can be found at http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/aq/public/comments/index.html

I have also sent Piers the first editor’s report for next week’s meeting. This includes the following lists of technical and editorial comments that I think should be uncontroversial:

  • 14 editorial: 13, 18, 29, 57, 58, 72, 73, 77, 120, 132, 133, 155, 156 and 157.
  • 5 technical: 46, 48, 50, 59 and 148.

As usual, I’d like to ask that everyone is prepared for a motion, at the start of the comment resolution session, to accept all of these. I will remove comments from the list for the motion that anyone feels require discussion. – Thanks.

I look forward to seeing everyone next week.

Regards,

Nick.