Re: [10GMMF] Coverage calculation for 10GBASE-LRM

David and all,

I agree with a respect the process for resolving these questions and assume
that the formal choice of coverage percentage will be decided by vote at a
future meeting. However, it seems rather unavoidable that in order to
calculate any link coverage percentage, we must consider both fibers in the
link. Since TP3 is formulating coverage related proposals over the next few
days I am re-iterating this point now to facilitate that work.

Previous 802.3 coverage calculations have accounted for bi-directional links
as such are relevant to the end user. For example, the 95% coverage per
fiber number that some support for LRM translates to 90% link coverage for
the end user. The 95% case should represent link coverage, which requires
97.5% coverage for each of the 2 fibers in the link.

Best Regards,
John George
Systems Engineering Mgr.
FTTP and Premises Applications